WHY THE CVC IS AIMING AT THE DISTINCTION “HR Excellence in Research”
The CVC is declared as a public Catalan institution, with an international vocation, committed to its environment, and advocate, in the development of its activities, the values and practice of freedom, pluralism, democracy, equality, solidarity and equity. The main aim of the CVC is to achieve excellent research with excellent professionals.
The process for the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) distinction allows the CVC to achieve the highest standards in human resources for researchers. This is essential to have the best opportunities for our researchers in terms of carrier development, and it constitutes an opportunity in itself for the institutional development.
The CVC is committed with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are embedded into the general actions that the CVC is carrying out, with specific impacts.
- Chronology of the HRS4R award
- Main milestones of the HRS4R
- Summary of documentation and relevant files.
- Links of interest
- Follow up of the Interim Assessment
- In 2008, the EURAXESS Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) was launched to support institutions in the process of implementation of the Charter and Code principles in their practices and policies. The Computer Vision Center is committed to improving its Human Resources policies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct of the Recruitment of Researchers, and for this reason, the CVC endorses the documents and applies for the HRS4R logo of excellence in HHRR.
- In July 2013, the CVC endorsed the C&C (add link).
- During 2014, the Internal Analysis of the CVC was conducted by an interdisciplinary team, including meetings with members of the Governing Board, the Management Board, and researchers from all fields of knowledge.
- The result of this task was the “CVC Gap Analysis and Action Plan. HRS4R Strategy (in English)”.
- A relevant part of the development plan is the “Pla d’Igualtat d’Oportunitats i Gestió de la Diversitat” CVC_Pla_Igualtat_R1_CERCA.pdf (català), with which CVC is committed to addessing the diversity of the center as regards as gender, belief, physical capacities, etc.
- In May 2015, the CVC was acknowledged with the distinction “HR Excellence in Research”. HERE THE LINK TO THE LETTER FOR THE LOGO DISCTINCTION This logo reflects our commitment to continuously improve our human resources strategies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, and our commitment to guarantee a supportive research environment implementing these principles into UAB policies.
- In April 2018, the interim report highligts the weaknesses and strengths of the implementation strategy, emphasizing the need of open access through this website to all the information related to HRS4R.
- In December 2018 de Official CVC RS4R web page was ready and running with all the documentation available.
- Q1 2014 In accordance with our Strategic Plan (FILE), we implemented and new career plan for researchers.
- Q1 2015 We implement the policy of publishing all our positions at Euraxess Website following the Guide for publishing on Euraxess Jobs for CVC (link for OPEN POSITIONS). These job opportunities are appearing in our website for Open Positions.
- Q2 2016 We participated in the P-Sphere project with 6 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions contracts. This allowed the CVC to develop a permanent framework for tenure-track researchers based on the CO-FUND EU Program.
- Q1 2018 We adapt all the CVC new positions and their calls to the standards of the HRS4R strategy, including the protocols for internal and external committees of evaluators.
- Q2 2018 We published a policy for internships at the CVC. This allows researchers in the early stages of their career (pre-graduate, graduate and post-doc) to carry out short research stages at CVC.
- Q2 2018 We openly implement our Internal Committee for HRS4R policy. This committee (including researchers but also staff members and students) meets regularly every 2 months in order to have a follow up of the HRS4R policy in the Center.
- Q1 2019 We adhered to the Code of Conduct of CERCA, the Catalan institution putting together all the Research Centers in Catalonia.
- “CVC Gap Analysis and Action Plan. HRS4R Strategy (in English)”.
- CVC_Pla_Igualtat_R1_CERCA.pdf (català),
- Interin report (in English).
- Career development at CVC.
- CERCA Code of Conduct.
- Guide for publishing on Euraxess Jobs
- Euraxess Jobs
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
The interim assessment explicitly stated that, the CVC should:
- Make an effort in making available all the evidences.
- Further develop the actions proposed in the CVC Gap Analysis and Action Plan. HRS4R Strategy
providing the following suggestions:
CVC’s HRS4R working group should seek for a higher level of ambition of the HR strategy as well as for a higher quality in documenting progresses and impacts. It is suggested that this goals could be achieved by (summarised):
- A more detailed and cross-referenced (link to websites) drafting of the documentation requested by EC for next assessment.
- An improvement of the website in terms of English translation of CVC strategic documents and relevant documents regarding HR policies would be appreciated,
- A more comprehensive engagement of the research staff, enlarge dedicated working group and encompass all the stakeholders, involve all stakeholders in the process, including R1-R2 researchers.
- A more detailed monitoring of actions.
- Revise methodology (GAP analysis based on the survey completed by all scientific staff, meetings of the management and working group with the academic staff to discuss survey results, new actions stemming from the survey results).
- Implementation of the OTM-R into CVC’s policies with clear evidence and measurable indicators.
SUGGESTION 1: A more detailed and cross-referenced (link to websites) drafting of the documentation requested by EC for next assessment.
Q4 2019: The CVC HRS4R web page now provides links to all the documents related to the HRS4R strategy implementation. In addition, the CVC also implemented the Transparency Portal, which provides all the information regarding the administrative information, positions, salaries, projects, public accounting, etc. Finally, the CVC implemented the Sustainable Development Goals at CVC web page, aligning the CVC mission with the UN SDGs, which will be dynamically updated.
It is now common practice at the CVC to publish all the documents available in a regular basis. The mentioned webpages are the basic repository and the starting point for all the CVC staff and externals.